Thursday, February 7, 2008

Horses - they always know when you have carrots..





I would like to start off this entry with all the horse sayings I know. Let's begin.

Hungry as a horse.
You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Hung like a horse.
Straight from the horse’s mouth.

All of these sayings have occurred to me in the last three days, out of pure reality! At my bosses ranch, he had 4 horses. Two males and two females. The females each had their own babies as well. I was more than excited to see the horses, especially since I've always wanted to ride horses since the age of... oh I don't know... 5? The most scary and best part was when my bosses brother-in-law saddled them up and we went for a spin! I got the small male horse, who in my opinion, was the best! The female horses were slow, and always had their babies following them. The mothers also likes to kick their babies, and not listen when you told them to turn right, left or go, go faster... if at all!! My horse loved to run... he'd run up the hill without me telling him to! It was great, since I seemed to have a need for speed. I was extremely bored walking along the road, when I could have been galloping! So for the past 4 days I've been horseback riding... and loved it. My ass hurts like you wouldn't believe, and I probably did damage to it, but I don't mind. I was pretty comfortable going riding other then the aftermath of my ass, but I even ended up going alone a few times. My boss had quite a bit of land, and it was nice to go climb some hills on top of a horse. I imagined myself as a cowboy in a western movie, or better yet, Ichabod Craine running through the forest at night with the headless horseman chasing me.


I was sad to leave. I wanted to stay and take care of the horses. I enjoyed brushing them, and just being near them. One of the males hurt his foot, and they had to spray some stuff on it so it could heal. He was so calm and gentle, even with a hurt foot. I know if I had a hurt foot and some guy came up to me trying to spray it with something, I would be far from gentle.. or even nice. I'd kick that sucker with the bottle of spray.

No comments: