Saturday, February 23, 2008

Paulista, Paulista, Paulista Jundiai

After our sad goodbyes from Gaurujã we decided to head up to a little place called Jundiai. It was north of Saõ Paulo by less than an hour. Thats where our friend Peter lives. He's also teaching english with another fellow by the name of Peter from England. We all met up that night to go see a soccer game... and got our first taste of Brazillian hail. Strange eh! Who knew they would have hail. Anyhow, the boys went nuts. England Peter lead the charge, and we met up with a crew of Paulista lovers. They were rooting for the Sao Paulo team, decked out with clothes and spirit to match. Before the game we bought some drinks at their sorta clubhouse, and then walked up to the stadium with them. They played drums, did chants, and moshed in the stands the entire game and didnt give up! Not even to watch the game.

Heres a video of the game, and all its glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmuy8EWh6bA&NR=1

After our little visit with the Peters, we headed out to an island named Ilhabella. It was a beautiful island, and had some nice beaches.

The first day we went to some waterfalls in the jungle. The price included bug repellent, and boy did we need it. There were TONS of bugs, but thankfully I didn't get bitten too badly. Poor Mariannik. She forgot to put bug spray on her butt, and after the 20 minutes in the jungle, she looked like she had developed a nasty STD.

The waterfalls were a blast, and you could slide down some of the rocks into the pools below. Were were some of the only people there, and I lost my bathing suit bottoms only once, and no one was the wiser. Overall, I would recommend a day at the waterfalls.

One of our first sunny days at the beach in brazil, and I wasnt about to waste it. I decided that since I've been in brazil for a month, and still I had no sigh of a tan, that I would get a litte burned to help the process out.....

Bad Idea.

Everyone always seems to forget how unbearably painful burns are, and how miserable you feel after. Well I certainly got burned, but its ok. I survived. The day at the beach was really nice tho. We ended up meeting a couple from Road Island who were there on vacation. They were really friendly and had a 6 year old daughter who was hilarious. We laied on the beach all day, and swam in the blue green water.

So that was my past few days. We are going to a place called Paraty next, and then a place called Rio De Janerio. Hmm... this adventure is shaping up nicely I'd say!!

Miss you guys!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Brazil sounds beauuuuutiful!! More photos please. I want to see some scenery. :P

What's with the hail? Ew.