Monday, January 28, 2008

The Three Big Questions


Every time we meet a Brazilian or talk to a Brazilian, they tend to ask the same things. In fact, its getting ridiculous.

Cissero's (our boss) daughter Monique arrived the other day from 2 weeks in Argentina. Shes 21. She brought her friend with her, Marianna, who is amazing. We went out to the beach on one of the few sunny days we've had and last night we went out for drinks with some of their friends. These were some well spoken Brazillian guys, young, going to school to be drs and lawyers, lol. Pretty interesting! Anyhow, we had some great discussions, on politics, world issues, and Brazil.

The night before we went out with some of the secretaries and teachers from school. They were all great, and all brought their boyfriends or husbands of 3 years or so. One girl, Nayare, is 20, she has an adorable daughter, and a husband. We drove to the bar on motorcycles...(I have never wanted to learn to drive one more than I do now)

So, these are the questions all brazillians ask us.

1) How old are you?
2) What did you think of Brazil before you came here? / What do most people think of Brazil?
3) Do you have a boyfriend?

Firstly, I don't think anyone here is our age. Its either 18 year olds, or 40 year olds.
Secondly, Brazillians are very concerned with how the world views them. The figure that the world thinks they don't have technology, or that they live in a jungle.
Lastly, yet again, I am not a person unless I have a boyfriend. And even tho I am traveling alone, and have only been in Brazil for 2 weeks, I'm expected to still not be single. Arg!!!

Anyhow, thats life south of the boarder. Life is still peachy tho!

Oh, and we are planning our trip to Sao Paulo for Carnival. I don~t know all the details yet, but the next entry should be something along those lines. Woop Woop!!

Lynds

Oh, and here are some pics from a boat ride we took over to santos, I stole them from Mariannik!




1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm glad I got on... this site is banned in China, so I had to use a proxy site!