Saturday, January 19, 2008

Going to the Beach... aka my new Home!

After a while, Mariannik, (the french girl I was to be placed with) arrived in the city of Belo Horizonte. Also, Peter, who was being placed north of Sao Paulo arrived as well. Together, we were team fun! I love them both! Peter is really funny, and I could laugh at Mariannik's accent all day, lol, shes a true qubecer! We got to hang out alot before we left Belo. I miss peter, it brought a sorta je ne sais quoi to the group.

We ended up switching out of Ville Emma (a hotel that our company put us up in) for a cheaper hostel that was close. The hostel O sorroso was great! Wellington owned it, he was this big black dude who was way too friendly. One night we got pizza to share and cook, but the oven didn~t work, so he let us into our house to use his! Then Mariannik droped the pizza on the floor, lol, but only half, so we ate the other! Oh, and when we had to go to the police station to get our country cards, and visa extentions, Wellington drove us, waited for us, and when we didn~t have enough money, he lent us money! How nice eh??

All the brazillians we~ve met have been so nice! We have had nothing but amazing friendly people, and I love them all. Its funny tho, waitress's and people who walk around teh street sometime seem stuckup, but then you get a laugh out of them and they are so friendly. Nobody speaks english. They just keep talking longer and longer in Portuguese, and its sooo difficult. Im susprised at how little English they have here!

Oh... so anyhow, we took the bus from Belo to Sao Paulo, and from Sao Paulo we took another bus to Gauruja (the beach city we are living in now) It was a long trip, and we were really tired when we got here. Cessoro is our Boss. He picked us up from the bus station, and I didn~t even realise it was him, because he was wearing very ordanary clothes. Its funny here, this is the only country where everyone wants to look poor, because then they won~t get robbed. If you wear jewerly, then theres more of a chance.

Anyhow, he brought us to our school, and its really great! Alot like Yes Youngdo, nice classrooms, big, clean. I liked it alot. They have a set cirrculum, and our other boss Patricia is very helpful and she wants to make everything easy for us. Brazillians are wonderful people.


Heres a picture of me and a student. Shes not my student, but shes very sweet and tries hard. Oh, and thats Mariannik, shes adorable, isn't she?


My time is almost up on my computer, so I should get going. We are living in a hotel right now, and will be going to live in Cessoro's apartment tomorrow morning. I will tell you guys more about it once we get more settled.

Love and miss you all!

Lynds

No comments: